Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Creamy Lentil Soup With Lightly Toasted Pita Slices

Lentil soup tastes THAT much better when cooked in a clay pot. Photo by SG.


Some days I get tired of eating white rice for lunch, today was one of them. I had a pack of baked pita bread in the fridge and some leftover curried couscous from Monday, so I made an easy creamy lentil soup to keep them company. The veggie dish was taken care of by fresh lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes. Total preparation time: less than an hour. This is my second time making this soup and it was smoother this time around and better, which I suspect had something to do with cooking it in a clay pot (or that extra teaspoon of butter I stirred in, but I'm going with the pot).

I haven't thought about dinner yet (I suspect it will be takeout since I'm expecting a grueling yoga workout this evening) apart from something chocolate-y for dessert ;) Will leave that to the Gods of Takeout. 

PS: Just so you know, I used yellow lentils instead of red, apparently red lentils make very tasty soups too.






0 comments:

Post a Comment