Sunday, November 28, 2010

Veggie Delights in Singapore

Singapore night skyline
Bustling Singapore is now home to varied, cosmopolitan vegetarian cuisine.



I've been mulling over a pre-Christmas weekend getaway in Singapore, but the thought of eating out for a couple of days in a row is not appealing to me. I've been spoiled for far too long with home-cooked food (some of it made by my own hands), the prospects of eating out while on holiday is almost repulsive. The nice thing about home is that food is familiar, more so for vegetarians like myself who have limited places to eat--usually an Indian or Chinese vegetarian restaurant.


Traveling brings a whole new set of complications altogether, never mind that Singaporean food is very like Malaysian. Except I don't want more of the same thing, I'm looking for something different, places and food that have flair and pizazz, not same old, same old.

So I did what any sane, tech-competent veggie would do: I Googled my options. One of the links led me to an article on CNNGo.com, which solved my problem immediately. It appears that I've been looking in the wrong places for great vegetarian fare in Singapore.

*End of post* (Writer has gone to get snack after looking at the yummy photos in article).

1 comments:

R-V said...

No relation, but there is Green Cafe here in Arizona as well - of course in S(n)cottsdale!....but in the more bourgeois part of it.

http://www.greenvegetarian.com/

We love their Buffalo Wings!

Post a Comment