Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shanghai Gets On Veggie Map

bladerunner in shanghai
Shanghai has put itself on the veggie map with its growing number of vegetarian eateries


For years I've been dreaming of visiting China, especially Shanghai with all its history and culture. But then I was warned that finding veggie friendly places to eat would be a challenge for me (all my friends who've visited or lived in the city are non-vegetarians). So I spent my vacations at other more vegetarian friendly countries, but at the back of my mind I never stopped wanting to actually visit the city.

Then today I read an article at CnnGo.com and the impossible is now a reality for the meat-challenged. Oh, the joy! One less country where 50% of my suitcase room will be taken up by instant noodles (bleah). No more getting hotel staff to write "i only eat vegetables" notes in the local language for me to hand out at restaurants. Not to mention a whole lot less stress and confusion for restaurant staff when I try to order a "vegetarianised" dish! A truly win-win situation for all :)

Read the article here, love that it even has restaurant addresses and phone numbers :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment