Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 Movies That Will Make You Go Vegetarian

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures" -Jessamyn West

Most of us live our everyday life in chunks of time: the time before work, work hours and time after work. Food becomes a necessity that sustains us through the day. Days drag on to weeks and weeks turn into months and eventually we end up in one of two camps: the healthy eaters and unhealthy eaters. 

However, the reality is that healthy eaters can be 'healthier' by eating more consciously, and I'm talking about beyond the physical effects of what you put in your body. Healthy eaters need to satisfy their spiritual hunger too, and the only way to do that some may argue, is to go vegetarian. It's not my personal opinion (seeing that I've occasionally encountered spiritually stingy vegetarians), but I really can't think of a better way to eat compassionately than being vegetarian or vegan.

One of the movies that cemented my commitment to vegetarianism was "Babe". It's quite hard to think of animals as just food when the movie shows you the 'human' side of them and so that was it for me. If celluloid speaks as much to you as it does to me, then you'll love Care2.com's 10 Movies That Will Make You Go Vegetarian.


0 comments:

Post a Comment