Thursday, February 18, 2010

Classic Vegetarian Quotes


I got a little bored working on my math assignment and thought I'd idle away some time surfing for quotes on the web. There are some pretty funny quotes out there about vegetarianism, here are some of my favourites:


Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian. Dennis Wholey

I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.
Isaac Bashevis Singer

I was a vegetarian until I started leaning toward the sunlight.
Rita Rudner


Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.
Heywood C. Broun 


You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit.  If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.  
Harvey Diamond

My situation is a solemn one.  Life is offered to me on condition of eating beefsteaks. But death is better than cannibalism. My will contains directions for my funeral, which will be followed not by mourning coaches, but by oxen, sheep, flocks of poultry, and a small traveling aquarium of live fish, all wearing white scarfs in honor of the man who perished rather than eat his fellow creatures.  
George Bernard Shaw

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter."  
Andy Rooney

I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls.  God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me.  
Alex Poulos

I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician. 
Marty Feldman

Do you have any funny quotes to share? I'd love to hear from you!










0 comments:

Post a Comment